A detailed guide on how to install fedora 34 workstation edition on virtualbox 6.1
Linux Fedora is a REDHAT sponsored / backed open source operating system built for both end user desktop computers and enterprise servers. The are three main editions of FEDORA that can be used for FREE! and these are the WORKSTATION edition, the SERVER edition and the IOT (internet of things) edition. As at October 2021, one of the latest releases of the operating system is FEDORA version 34. It is an OS that comes with an all new sleek user interface, built software and tools for almost any software developer, built in support for running virtual machines using GNOME boxes, built in support for running software containers using the Open Container Initiative (OCI). Fedora 34 also ships with an up to date linux kernel version 5.11 which brings in support for newer processors, graphics cards, storage devices, and many new performance updates. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install Federa 34 Workstation edition on Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1 in less than 10 minutes. Click on the button below to watch the video tutorial on YOUTUBE
In order to complete this tutorial successfully, the following is a list of items that may be needed. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial to ensure success:
1) A desktop or laptop with atleast 4GB of RAM and a dual core processor.
2) Atleast 50GB of free disk space.
3) The Fedora 34 Workstation edition disk image file (ISO file).
4) Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1 or any newer version.
5) The virtualbox extension pack and virtualbox guest additions software for FEDORA.
1) Fedora 34 Workstation edition – system requirements
2) Open Virtualbox and create a new FEDORA virtual machine using the ADVANCED MODE.
3) Attach the FEDORA 34 disk image file to the virtual machine.
4) Start the virtual machine and install FEDORA 34.
5) Insert the virtualbox guest additions CD image, install the software then create a virtual machine SHARED FOLDER.
Fedora 34 Workstation edition – system requirements
Step 1: Open Virtualbox And Create A New FEDORA Virtual Machine Using The EXPERT MODE.
4)Enter a name for the virtual machine on the NAME text input box, set the virtual machine type of LINUX and the VERSION to FEDORA (64 BIT).
Set the MEMORY SIZE to 2048 MB, click on the CREATE A VIRTUAL HARD DISK NOW option and click on the CREATE button..
5) On the virtual hard disk configuration page, select a location to save the virtual hard disk on the FILE LOCATION option and set the FILE SIZE to atleast 20GB.
On the hard disk file type options, select VDI (VIRTUALBOX DISK IMAGE) and on the STORAGE ON PHYSICAL DISK options, select DYNAMICALLY ALLOCATED.
Click on the CREATE button to complete the virtual machine creation process..