A guide on how to install Virtualmin 7 - open source web hosting control panel on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
In order to complete this tutorial, the following is a list of items that may be needed or required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial to ensure success:
1) A desktop or laptop with4GB RAM, a dual core processor and 50GB of free disk space
2) An AWS root user account or IAM user account with access to the EC2 service
3) A Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LTS instance with at least 4GB of RAM.
4) A terminal client such as putty or the Linux / MacOS terminal app
5) The Virtualmin automated installation script for Linux Ubuntu
1) Sign into your AWS account and open the EC2 dashboard
2) Create a new Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LTS instance using the new EC2 launch experience
3) Ensure to set the instance type to t2.medium or higher
4) Open AWS ROUTE53 or login to your domain registrar user account and create an A record that points to the public IP address of the instance
5) Connect to the instance via SSH, set a custom hostname, and install package updates.
6) Install Virtualmin 7 using the automated installation script, login to the Virtualmin dashboard and complete the post installation setup process.