How To Configure A Liquid Telecom SIP Trunk On The FreePBX Phone System.
A traditional public switched telephone network (PSTN – a technology which has been in use since the 1800s ) works through the use of phone lines which are copper wires that run from a PSTN Exchange (Service Provider) to an end user such as a home or office building thereby allowing individuals to place and receive calls through the use of landlines. Unlike PSTN, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) does not require dedicated phone lines to make and receive calls and converts voice signals into data signals that can be transmitted on an existing internet connection. However to be able to use VoIP a SIP trunk is needed and should b configured on your Phone or PBX. Read this tutorial to learn how to configure a Liquid Telecom Zimbabwe SIP trunk on the FreePBX Phone system in about 10 minutes or less
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following is a list of items that may be needed. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) The FreePBX Phone System installed on a VM or on a physical computer.
2) The Sangoma PBX appliance (alternative)
3) A ZOL Zimbabwe or Liquid Telecom SIP trunk (username and password for the SIP trunk is also needed)
4) Any internet connection. (WiMax , Fibre, Satelite).
5) A web browser for accessing the FREEPBX dashboard (i.e Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
1) Liquid Telecom basic SIP truck application process and VOIP pricing
2) Enter the IP address or domain name of your FREEPBX VOIP Server and login to the FREEPBX dashboard.
3) Click on