How To Download And Install The VMware Remote Console Version 11.2.0 On Windows Server 2016.
The VMware remote console is a simple, easy to install application that makes it possible for you to gain console access to a VMware ESXi virtual machine. With VMware remote console you can perfom actions such as modifying a virtual machine’s virtual hardware configuration without having to connect to the the ESXi server web console. You can modify a virtual machines name, memory allocation, processor configuration, virtual hard disk configuration and more. You can also perform common actions such as shutting down, suspending or restart a virtual machine. The VMware remote console is not only limited to a virtual machine with a graphic interface but can also be used to interact with a VM with only a command line interface. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to download and install the VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE version 11.2.0 on Windows Server 2016.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) A desktop or laptop with Windows 7, 8 , 10 or Windows Server 2016
2) A web browser supported by the VMware Web Console e.g GOOGLE CHROME, SAFARI, FIREFOX, INTERNET EXPLORER, EDGE
3) A server running VMware ESXi 5.5 update 3 or any newer version.
4) A free vmware.com account
5) The VMware remote console installation file.
NB: In this tutorial you will learn how to install VMware remote console on Windows server however the steps outlined here can also be used to install the remote console on any other Windows operating system.
1) Power on your ESXi server, open a web browser and log into the ESXi web console
2) Right click on any virtual machine and click on CONSOLE > DOWNLOAD VMRC
3) Login or create a vmware.com account and download the VMware remote console
4) Install remote console on Windows Server 2016
5) Run a test by connecting to the console interface of a virtual machine using VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE.
Step 1: Download The VMware Remote Console.
1) Power on the VMware ESXi server, open a web browser and type in the IP address or domain name of the ESXi server. Log into the ESXi server then click on the VIRTUAL MACHINES tab.
Right click on any virtual machine then click on CONSOLE > DOWNLOAD VMRC.
2) On the VMWARE PRODUCT DOWNLOAD page, click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button on the VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE 11.2.0 for windows file.
If you not signed in, the web browser will redirect to the vmware sign in page, if you have a vmware.com enter your email address and password and click on SIGN IN. If you do not have an account click on the SIGN UP link.
3) Once you’re signed in youll be able to download the VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE installation file for windows. The installation file will download as a zip archive file.
Once the download is complete, extract the archive, open the extracted folder and double click on the vmware remote console installation file.
On the welcome page of the installation wizard, click on NEXT, click on the
I ACCEPT THE TERMS IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT” checkbox and click on NEXT
4) On the CUSTOM SETUP page the VMWARE remote console will ask that you select a installation destination folder, we recommend that you do not change this folder unless if you really have to.
Click on NEXT to proceed. On the USER EXPERIENCE SETTINGS page, click on the CHECK FOR PRODUCT UPDATES ON STARTUP check box and also the check box on “JOIN THE VMWARE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM” then click on NEXT.
5) On the READY TO INSTALL VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE page, click on the INSTALL button to start the installation process.
6) Go back to the VMware ESXi web console, right click on any virtual machine and click on CONSOLE > LAUNCH REMOTE CONSOLE. A popup message will be displayed asking you to verify that you would like to “OPEN VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE?”. Click on the OPEN VMWARE REMOTE CONSOLE button to proceed.
7) When you connect to a virtual machine for the first time using REMOTE CONSOLE, an INVALID SECURITY CERTIFICATE might be displayed if the ESXi server is using its default self signed certificate. Click on the ALWAYS TRUST THIS HOST WITH THIS CERTIFICATE check box and click on CONNECT ANYWAY.
Ath this point you should now be able to interact with the graphic user interface or command line interface of the virtual machine.