How To Fix "Error Setting Up Base Repository" When Installing Centos 8.
The CentOS Linux distribution is a stable, predictable, manageable and reproducible platform derived from the sources of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). It is an open source operating system that can be downloaded for free! and can be installed on almost any desktop or server environment. With CENTOS 8 you can use it without having to purchase a license key and comes with no monthly software or support fees. When installing a well maintained operating system such as CENTOS 8 you do not expect to face any challenges especially if the installation is being done on a standard desktop computer, server or virtual machine. However we have noticed that many CENTOS 8 users on the web have complained about the “ERROR SETTING UP BASE REPOSITORY” error message that happends when you get to the “INSTALLATION SUMMARY” stage of the CENTOS 8 installer. This tutorial is a simple guide that will show you how to fix this error message so you can install CENTOS 8 successfully. A FREE video tutorial is also available on youtube and you can watch it at any time by click on the “VIEW YOUTUBE TUTORIAL” button below.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully, below is a detailed list of items that you may need. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) A desktop or laptop with a dual core processor, 4GB RAM and atleast 100GB hard drive
2) The CENTOS 8 disk image file (ISO).
3) An internet connection to download data from CENTOS repositories
4) Basic understanding of the CENTOS installation process.
1) The CENTOS “INSTALLATION SUMMARY” stage.
2) Go to the CENTOS mirrors web page, copy any URL of your choice and paste it on the INSTALLATION SOURCE configuration page.
3) Apply changes and see if the problem has been resolved.
The CENTOS "INSTALLATION SUMMARY" stage.
1) When you get to the INSTALLATION SUMMARY stage during the CENTOS 8 installation process, you might get an error message stating “ERROR SETTING UP BASE REPOSITORY”.
2) If you click on “INSTALLATION SOURCE” you will notice that there is no mirror URL configured.
Go To The CENTOS Mirrors Web Page, Copy Any URL Of Your Choice And Paste It On The INSTALLATION SOURCE Configuration Page.
3) Click HERE to go to the CENTOS mirrors web page, and copy a mirror URL from the list of URL’s that are available.
Apply Changes And See If The Problem Has Been Resolved.
4) Paste the URL on the mirror url input box and click on DONE.
5) The INSTALLATION SOURCE should now indicated the URL being used for accessing CENTOS SOFTWARE repositories. Click on the SOFTWARE SELECTION optio, choose software packages that you would like to install and click on the BEGIN INSTALLATION button.