How To Install Microsoft HyperV On Windows 10
Microsoft Hyper-V is a hypervisor that enables consolidation of a single physical server into many virtual servers, all making use of the same hardware resources of the host server and enabled by Hyper-V. This tutorial aims to provide a guide on how to install HyperV on Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise edition.
Inorder to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to put together these items before taking implimentation action on the tutorial to ensure success. These items are as folllows :
1) Desktop or Laptop PC with Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise (64 Bit) installed.
2) Intel / AMD System Processor With Support For Virtualization
3) Virtualization technology enabled in System BIOS
Step One : Enable Virtualization in System BIOS
The BIOS( Basic Input And Output Software) is software that runs when a computer powers on. BIOS also controls advanced features such as virtualization technology on a computer which has to be enabled in order to work
During the boot up process of your PC press the BIOS entry key. The key varies from one system to another but try pressing F2, F10, or Delete. Most systems display this key during the boot up process if not, look up your system model on the manufacturers website for BIOS entry details
2) After entering into the BIOS setup utility, enable virtualization. The process of doing this also various depending on your system and brand.
Step Two : Install HyperV
3) Open the Windows 10 control panel. To do this use the task bar search feature and search for “CONTROL PANEL” and select the control panel app from the search results. Alternatively press the “WINDOWS KEY + R” combination to open the windows “RUN” utility. Type
“CONTROL” in the input box and press enter
4) From the “CONTROL PANEL” choose program and features to open the utility for viewing, installing and uninstalling programs in Windows.
5) Select or touch on the “TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF” option
6) In the “WINDOWS FEATURES” window look for “HYPER-V” and tick on the check box’s next to “HYPER-V” , “HYPER-V MANAGEMENT TOOLS” and “HYPER-V PLATFORM”. Click “OKAY” to proceed the installation.
7) Awesome! HYPER-V is now installed on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop PC