How To Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 On VMware Workstation 15.5 Player
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial :
1) Desktop or laptop computer with Windows, MacOS or Linux installed
2) Vmware Workstation 15.5 Player installed
3) Internet Connection (Optional)
4) Red Hat Enterprise Linux ISO file.
Step One : Download The Red Hat Enterprise Linux ISO Image File
1) To create the virtual machine the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 installation ISO image file is needed. Click HERE to go to the Redhat download page to get the ISO file. A free RedHat account is needed to download the file and the total download size is about 6.6GB
Step Two : Create The RedHat Virtual Machine In VMware Workstation
2) Launch VMware Workstation 15.5 player installed on your computer and go to “PLAYER > FILE > NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE”. This will launch the CREATE NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE WIZARD.
3) On the “NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE WIZARD” select an operating system installation source by select the radio button on “INSTALLER DISK IMAGE FILE (iso). Once selected click on the “BROWSE” button, navigate and select the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ISO image file downloaded on STEP ONE.
Workstation Player will automatically detect the Red Hat operating system type, and will make operating system installation simpler using a feature called “EASY INSTALL” . Click on the “NEXT” button to proceed.
4) On this page the personalisation options are presented and these allow you to specify any desired computer name, username and login password for the virtual machine. Proceed by filling out a meaning computer name, username and password in the “FULL NAME” , “USERNAME” and “PASSWORD” fields. Click on the “NEXT” button to proceed.
5) On this page of the new VM wizard, provide a meaningfull name of the virtual machine. You can also change the location of the virtual machine. By default VMware Workstation will save the virtual machine files in the Documents/Virtual Machines folder on your computer.
Next, click on the “SPLIT VIRTUAL DISK INTO MULTIPLE FILES” radio button, doing so will speed up the virtual machine creation process and also make it easier to move virtual machine files from one host to another if the need arises.
7) Finally, the Redhat virtual machine is ready to be created. In order to make any custome adjustments to the virtual machine hardware i.e RAM, STORAGE, PROCESSORS and NETWORK configuration click on the “CUSTOMIZE HARDWARE” button. Click on the “FINISH” button to proceed.