How To Install The Friendica Social Network Platform On Linux Ubuntu 20.04 Or CentOS 8 Complete With Free Hosting For 1 Year On AWS.
Friendica is a free and open source software that makes it possible for anyone to deploy and run their own social network platform. Friendica is a decentralized platform which means that it has no central authority or ownership. Friendica also allows you to have complete privacy controls such that you can setup access lists, private conversation groups, and more. Friendica has similar features that other popular platforms have such as posts, sharing of photos, user profiles and more. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install the Friendica social network platform on a Linux Ubuntu 20.04 or CentOS 8 server complete with free hosting for 1 year on the AWS cloud computing platform.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) An AWS free tier account and an IAM user account that can provision and manage EC2 instances
2) A Linux Ubuntu 20.04 Server or CentOS 8 – AWS instance
3) An AWS elastic IP address and a fully qualified domain name.
4) The Friendica installation files for Linux Ubuntu 20.04 Server or CentOS 8
1) Sign up for a free tier AWS account and create an IAM user account. If you already have an AWS account – sign in to the AWS console using your IAM credentials
2) Create a Linux Ubuntu 20.04 server or CentOS 8 – AWS instance, set an elastic IP address of the linux server and point your domain name to the elastic IP address
3) Connect to the ubuntu / centos instance and install the LAMP stack
4) Download and install friendica.
5) Install a letsencrypt SSL certificate.
Step 1: Sign up for a free tier AWS account or sign into the AWS console using your IAM credentials.
1) AWS offers a great free tier account that allows you to use limited AWS services for 1 year free of charge. So you can setup all your AWS cloud work loads without having to make any financial commitment right away. Click HERE to sign up for an AWS free tier account.
2) After signing up for a free tier account, login to the AWS management console and click on SERVICES > IAM.