How To Install The GNS3 Version 2.2.5 Network Emulator On Windows 10
1) A desktop or laptop with Windows 10 installed.
2) GNS3 version 2.2.5 installation file.
3) gns3.com account.
4) Internet connection.
5) The GNS3 Virtual Machine.
Step One: Download The GNS3 Installation Files.
1) There are two main components that need to be downloaded and installed and these are:
a) The GNS3 app which has the graphic user interface where you design networks and the GNS3 virtual machine.
To download these two items go to gns3.com and click on “FREE DOWNLOAD”
2) GNS3 is absolutely free to download and use but you’ll need an account on gns3.com to get the download files. If you do not have a GNS3 account you can create a free account on the “SIGN UP” tab. If you already have a GNS3 account click on the “LOGIN” tab and enter your login credentials.
6) Select a destination folder were GNS3 2.2.5 will be installed and click on “INSTALL”. Clicking on “INSTALL” starts the installation process were GNS3 files and programs will be copied and installed onto your computer.
When installing GNS3 if you have anti-virus software running on your computer you may face some problems since GNS3 allows you to do things that a typical user would not do. Hence it is recommended to disable anti-virus software during installation and to add exclusions for GNS3 in the ant-virus software configuration.
9) GNS3 will automatically launch your default web browser and display the “THANK YOU FOR INSTALLING GSN3” page. On the botton section of the web page click on “SOLARWINDS GET FREE TOOL”
Enter your details on the “REGISTER TO RECEIVE YOUR FREE SOLARWINDS STANDARD TOOL SET” section and click on “DOWNLOAD FREE TOOLSET”. The download link will be sent to the email address you entered on the registration form.
10) Solarwinds will prompt you to create a user account for the solarwinds customer portal. Once you create the account go to customerportal.solarwinds.com and login using your credentials. Once logged in download the Solarwinds standard toolset on the “AVAILABLE” tab.