How To Install The Kali Linux 2020.2 Penetration Testing O.S On The AWS Cloud Platform.
KALI LINUX 2020.2 from offensive security is a debian based operating system that comes with advanced penetration testing and security tools. The tools are targeted towards various information security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Forensics, Reverse Engineering and more. The advantage of installing KALI on a cloud platform such as AWS is that you get a secure easily accessible operating system that you can use to test a wide range of scenerios ranging from internal LAN systems to penetration testing of cloud hosted systems. Read this tutorial to learn how to install KALI 2020.2 on AWS. You will also learn how to set an ELASTIC public IP address for the KALI linux instance.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) An AWS account root user account.
2) An AWS IAM user account with access rights to create AWS EC2 instances
3) An SSH client such as PUTTY to gain access to the KALI command linux interface
4) Remote access software such as RealVNC for accessing the KALI LINUX GUI.
1) Login to the AWS web console using your IAM user account.
2) Open the EC2 MANAGEMENT CONSOLE and create a new AWS instance using the KALI LINUX machine image on the AWS market place
3) Download the SSH Keypair, launch the KALI instance and set an elastic IP address
4) Learn how to connect to KALI using an SSH client such as PUTTY and using a GUI remote access client such as REALVNC.
Step 1: Login To The AWS Console Using Your IAM Credentials.
1) The first step in installing KALI LINUX 2020.2 in the cloud on AWS is to login to the AWS web console using your IAM credentials. If you do not have IAM credentials create them using the IAM MANAGEMENT CONSOLE.
Step 2: Create The Kali Linux Instance.
2) To create the instance click on the SERVICES button and click on EC2. On the EC2 MANAGEMENT CONSOLE click on the orange CREATE INSTANCE button.
3) Click on the AWS MARKETPLACE tab, type in the word “KALI” on the search bar and press ENTER. Click on the blue SELECT button on the KALI LINUX search result to proceed.
4) On the CHOOSE INSTANCE TYPE page, click on the blue REVIEW AND LAUNCH button to proceed to the next step.