how to install the mikrotik cloud hosted router version 6.44.6 on oracle virtual box 6.1
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial :
1) 1 x Laptop or Desktop computer with 64 bit Windows, MacOS or Linux installed and virtualization support.
2) 1 x Oracle VM Virtual Box 6.1 (Ensure that HYPER-V is not enabled if using Windows).
3) 1 x Internet connection.
4) 1 x Mikrotik Cloud Hosted Router Image and the mikrotik WINBOX app
1) MIKROTIK CHR LICENSING INFORMATION
2) Download the MIKROTK CHR virtual disk image file (VDI) from the mikrotik website
3) Open virtualbox and create a new LINUX virtual machine
4) Whilst creating the LINUX virtual machine, attach the MIKROTIK virtual disk image to the VM
5) Once the virtual machine creation process is complete, start the VM and complete the post installation setup using WINBOX
MIKROTIK CHR LICENSING INFORMATION
Step 1 : Download The Mikrotik CHR Image
1) Click HERE to go to the official mikrotik website to download the Mikrotik CHR image file. On the download page click on the save link on the VDI image row. You can choose between the long term, stable or beta testing Mikrotik CHR image options.
Step 2 : Install The Mikrotik CHR On Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1
5) The next step is to configure the network adapters for the RouterOS CHR virtual machine. In the VirtualBox Manager click on the “SETTINGS” gear icon for the RouterOS CHR virtual machine and select the “NETWORK” option. On this page enable or disable network adapters and also define where each virtual network adapter will be attached to.
On this tutorial Adapter 1 and 2 are enabled. Adapter 1 is bridged to the physical network interface card on the host computer. Adapter 2 is attached to the virtualbox host only adapter.