How To Install Linux Ubuntu 19.10 On VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro
Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) is the latest linux distro for desktops realeased on the 17th of October 2019. Then new ubuntu distro now ships with a faster boot time when compared with older versions as well as support for the ZFS file system. Ubuntu 19.10 uses the latest Linux kernel 5.3 and it has newer versions of several software such as GCC 9, Python 3.7, OpenJDK 11, Mesa 19.2 and Gnome 3.34. Learn how to install linux ubuntu as a vmware workstation 15.5 pro virtual machine.
1) Desktop or laptop with Windows , MacOS or Linux.
2) VMware Workstation 5.5 Pro / VMware Workstation Player 15.5
3) Internet Connection.
4) Linux Ubuntu 19.10 disk image file (ISO)
Step One : Download The Ubuntu 19.10 Disk Image file
1) The official installation disk image file for Linux Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) can be downloaded for free from the official ubuntu website. Click HERE to go to the download page. To ensure ubuntu stays free to download and use please consider donating to ubuntu. Information on how to donate is also available on the download page.
Step Two: Create And Install The Ubuntu 19.10 Virtual Machine
4) Once you click next, you will be presented with guest operating system installation options. Choose the “INSTALLER DISK IMAGE (ISO) option, click on the browse button and select the ubuntu disk image file (ISO) that was downloaded on step 1. The vmware easy install feature will automatically detect the type of operating for the iso file as “UBUNTU 64 BIT 19.10”. Click on “NEXT” to proceed.
5) On the “EASY INSTALL INFORMATION” section add a host name for ubuntu on the “FULL NAME” text input box. Specify a username and password on relevant fields and click on “NEXT”
On the “NAMEH THE VIRTUAL MACHINE” section, add a descriptive name to identify the Ubuntu VM and select a location to save virtual machine files on the “LOCATION” input box. If you leave the default location selected the virtual machine files will be saved in the “DOCUMENTS/VIRTUAL MACHINES” folder.
Click on “NEXT” to proceed.
6) On the ‘SPECIFY DISK CAPACITY” section enter a numerical value for the ubuntu virtual hard disk on the “MAXIMUM HARD DISK SIZE” text input box. If you intend to move the virtual machine from one host to another (i.e move from vmare workstation to esxi server) select the “split virtual disk into multiple files. However if you have no intention of moving the VM and would want high perfomance choose the “STORE VIRTUAL DISK AS A SINGLE FILE” option. Click on “NEXT” to proceed.
7) On the “READY TO CREATE VIRTUAL MACHINE” section, a summary of the virtual machine to be create will eb shown. To make any final changes to items such as hard disk size, memory to be allocated to the VM, network adapters or memory configuration click on the “CUSTOMIZE” button.
Ensure that the “POWER ON VIRTUAL MACHINE AFTER CREATION” check box is checked and click on “FINISH”