How To Install VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player On Windows 10 And On A Linux Distro (e.g Linux Ubuntu).
This tutorial will show you and guide you on how to install VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player on Windows 10 or on a linux desktop OS such as Linux Ubuntu. This tutorial is designed for the absolute beginner with basic IT skills and interested in running virtual machines on a desktop or laptop. On completion of this tutorial you should know how and where to download VMware Workstation, supported operating systems and minimum hardware requirements, VMware Workstation basic installation process as well as navigating the VMware Workstation GUI.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) A desktop or laptop running Windows 10 or Linux Ubuntu with atleast 8GB RAM and 500GB disk space.
2) A free vmware.com account.
3) VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro or Player installation file.
4) Internet connection.
1) Go to the VMware product download page, and download VMware Workstation 15.5 for Windows
2) Enable virtualization technology in the system BIOS and Install VMware Workstation on a Windows 10 device
3) If using a linux based operating system such as Ubuntu, download VMware Workstation for linux
4) Learn how to Install VMware Workstation on Linux Ubuntu.
VMware Workstation System Requirements & Price Comparison.
The following are the minimum system requirements needed to run VMware Workstation on a Windows or Linux computer successfully :
1) A supported 64-bit x86/AMD64 processor launched in 2011
2) Atleast 4GB of RAM
3) 3GHz or faster processor speed
4) 2 GB of available disk space for the application.
There are two versions of VMware Workstation that you can choose (the installation process for both products is similar) :
1) The VMware Workstation Player (Free For Home / Non Commercial Use)
2) Vmware Workstation Pro (Commercial licensed version)
If you choose to install VMware Workstation Pro, a license key is required. Below is a price comparison for purchasing a license key from various VMware partners and reseller (Please note that the prices listed below may have changed and should be confirmed with the actual reseller):
Step 1: Download VMware Workstation For Windows.
1) Click HERE to go to the VMware product download page to download the VMware Workstation 15.5 installation file for Windows.