Read This Tutorial To Learn How To Install Windows 7 On VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player (Or Any Newer Version) In A Few Simple Steps.
Windows 7 is one of te most widely used operating systems today and there are many applications and utilities that were built specifically for Windows 7. You may find yourself in a situation where you have to run an application that only supports Windows 7 but you have a computer that only supports and runs Windows 8 , Windows 10 or Linux and you need to run or test out an application that only works with windows 7. The good news is that Windows 7 can be installed on a virtual machine and this tutorial will show you how to download install VMware Workstation, How to download Windows 7 and how to deploy a Windows 7 virtual machine on a VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player virtual machine all in less than ten minutes (depending on the host computer’s perfomance). We have also uploaded a video on youtube that also shows you how to do these things. Simply click on the button below to watch it now!
1) A desktop or laptop with Windows 10 or Linux installed.
2) VMware Workstation 15.5 Player / Pro.
3) Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit install DVD or ISO file.
4) An internet connection.
1) Go to the official vmware website, download or purchase VMware Workstation.
2) Go to microsoft.com and download the Windows 7 disk image file. If you do not have a Windows 7 product key you can download Windows 7 from a trusted website such as archive.org
3) Install VMware Workstation 15.5 Player / Pro and create a new virtual machine.
4) Set the installation disk or ISO file as the boot media, power on the virtual machine and install Windows 7
5) Enter your Windows 7 product key, computer name and password on the EASY INSTALL section
6) Choose an location to save virtual machine files and create a virtual hard disk and
7) Power on the virtual machine, install windows 7 and install VMware tools.
Step 1: Go To The Official VMware Website, Download Or Purchase VMware Workstation.
1) Click HERE to go to the official VMware downloads web page. Click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button and your web browser will redirect to the VMware products download page. Click on GO TO DOWNLOADS then click on DOWNLOAD NOW.
Step 2: Download Windows 7 From The Microsoft Website Or From A Trusted Source Such As archive.org
2) Click HERE to go to the Windows 7 download page on the microsoft website. Scroll down to the VERIFY PRODUCT KEY input box, enter your Windows 7 license key and click on the VERIFY button. The license key will be verified automatically and will redirect to the Windows 7 download page.
3) If you do not have a Windows 7 license key, you can download the Windows 7 disk image file from archive.org. Simply go to archive.com, search for Windows 7 and download from any of the available search results.
Step 3: Install VMware Workstation 15.5 Player / Pro And Create A New Virtual Machine.
4) Go to the folder where you saved the vmware Workstation Pro / Player installation file, right click on it and click on OPEN. Click on NEXT. Accept the VMware Workstaion license agreement and click on NEXT. Click on the NEXT button and the proceeding pages then click on INSTALL.
11) The newly created virtual machine will power on and boot using the Windows 7 disk image file. On the WINDOWS SETUP, choose a LANGUAGE TO INSTALL and select your desired TIME AND CURRENCY FORMAT. Choose US on the KEYBOARD OR INPUT METHOD drop down and click on NEXT.
12) Click on the INSTALL NOW button to proceed to the next stage of the Windows 7 installation process.
13) Windows 7 was built with different editions that come with different features and limitations. These editions include Windows 7 Home, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate. Choose the Windows 7 professional option or any other option available and click on NEXT.
14) On the APPLICABLE NOTICES AND LICENSE TERMS section, Click on the I ACCEPT THE LICENSE TERMS check box and click on NEXT.
15) Next, you have to select the type of installation that you would want to perfom. Click on the CUSTOM: INSTALL WINDOWS ONLY (ADVANCED) option to proceed to the next step.
16) Select the virtual hard disk labeled as DRIVE 0: UNALLOCATED SPACE and click on NEXT.
17) A WINDOWS 7 installation progress page will be displayed showing detailed installation information. Depending on the perfomance of your virtual machine, a virtual machine configured with a dual core processor and 2GB of RAM should take not more that 10 minutes to install Windows 7.
18) On the SET UP WINDOWS wizard, type in your desired USERNAME and COMPUTER NAME and click on NEXT.
19) Proceed by setting a password that you will use to log into the Windows 7 virtual machine and click on NEXT.
20) On the REVIEW YOUR TIME AND DATE SETTINGS page, select your appropriate time zone and click on NEXT.
21) Next, windows requires that you select the type of network that it is connected to. This will allow Windows to automatically configure the appropriate network security settings. Click on the appropriate network type from the available options to proceed to the next step
22) WINDOWS SETUP will now apply selections that you made in the previous steps. Once the process is complete the Windows 7 explorer will open.
Install VMware Tools.
23) On the VMware Workstation menu bar, click on VM > INSTALL VMWARE TOOLS.
24) Open the Windows 7 file explorer and double click on the VMware Tools CD DVD drive. On the welcome page of the VMWARE TOOLS setup click on NEXT on all sections then click on the INSTALL button.
Restart the virtual machine to complete the installation process.