How To Install Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Or Datacentre Edition On A VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player Virtual Machine
Windows Server 2012 R2 aka Windows Server 8 is one of the most widely used server operating system in many on premise and cloud environments for many organisations. Windows Server 2012 R2 ships with many new and improved features on DHCP, DNS, HYPER-V, RDP server feautures and more!. This tutorial provides a detailed and easy to follow how-to-guide on how to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or Data Centre edition on a VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro / Player virtual machine.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial :
1) VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro or Workstation 15.5 Player.
2) Windows Server 2012 R2 disk image file (ISO) or physical install disk.
3) A desktop or laptop with atleast a cire i3 processor, 8GB RAM and an optical disk drive.
4) Internet connection.
1) Go to the official microsoft website and download a genuine copy of Windows Server 2012 R2 or purchase an installation disk online.
2) Open VMware Workstation 15.5 and create a virtual machine for Windows Server 2012
3) Power on the virtual machine, install Windows Server 2012 R2,set a administrator password and a computer name
4) Install VMware Virtual Machine tools
5) Check for and install the latest updates for Windows Server 2012 R2.