How To Install Zimbra Mail Server OSE On Redhat Enterprise Linux 8
Many organisations across the world depend on Zimbra and enjoy enterprise-class open source email messaging and collaboration. As an enterprise open source solution, Zimbra ships with features such as Zimbra chat, messaging and collaboration, zimbra web and desktop clients, flexible deployment and virtualization ready. This tutorial aims to provide a guide on how to install the Zimbra mail server open source edition on Red Hat Enterprise linux 8.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial :
1) Desktop or laptop computer with Windows, MacOS or Linux installed
2) Putty SSH and Telnet client
3) Internet connection
4) Red Hat Enterprise linux 8 installed on a physical computer or as a virtual machine
5) Zimbra Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 installation files
6) A registered fully qualified domain name with CPANEL and DNS zone editor access.
Step One : Preflight Red Hat Configuration For Zimbra Mail Server OSE
1) Login into Red Hat. Launch Putty and open an SSH session by entering the hostname or ip address of the server in the (HOSTNAME (OR IP ADDRESS) input box. Ensure that Putty is set to connect to the server on port 22.
Alternatively use the terminal application by going to ACTIVITIES > TERMINAL
2) Next download and install Red Hat software package updates by running the command :
yum update -y reboot
This command will also automatically reboot the server after successfull package installation. Ensure that the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 server is registered with Red Hat subscription management.