How To Move/Export A WordPress Site From A Local Server To A Live Website In Less Than 10 Minutes.
If you are new wordpress developer / publisher one of the challenges that you may face is moving a wordpress website that you may have been working on on a locally hosted wordpress server to a live website. There are many factors that you have to consider such as the wordpress database, wordpress plugins, themes and media such as pictures and videos. This tutorial aims to provide a simple how – to – guide on how to move / export a wordpress website to a live website in less than 10 minutes using the ALL – IN – ONE WP MIGRATION tool.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) A WordPress website install on a laptop / desktop or local server
2) A registered domain name with a CPANEL web hosting account
3) WordPress installed on the live website
4) The ALL – IN – ONE WP MIGRATION TOOL for wordpress.
1) login to the wordpress administration dashboard on the locally hosted wordpress website that you would like to move / export
2) Install the ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION TOOL on the local site and create a backup of the wordpress website
3) Install wordpress on the live website
4) Install the ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION TOOL on the live website and restore the wordpress backup.
Step 1: Login To The Admin Dashboard On The Local Site And Install The All - In - One Migration Tool.
1) Enter the URL of the wordpress dashboard in a web browser address bar and login using your wordpress credentials.
Click on PLUGINS > ADD NEW and type ALL IN ONE WP in the search bar.
3) On the WORDPRESS left navigation bar click on on ALL- IN – ONE WP MIGRATION option and select the EXPORT option. Click on the EXPORT TO button and select the FILE option. The ALL – IN ONE MIGRATION tool also supports many other methods to transfer a wordpress website such as FTP transfer, dropbox, amazon s3, webdav and more but the FILE option is the simplest method.
4) The ALL – IN – ONE WP MIGRATION tool takes all components of the wordpress site such as the database, plugins, themes, images and videos and compresses it into a single file. One the site EXPORT process is complete click on the BUTTON to download the website file. The size of this file depends on the amount of data on the wordpress website that is being exported.
Step 2: Install WordPress On The Live Website.
5) Login to the CPANEL account on the live website and scroll down / select the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER then click on the WORDPRESS option.
6) Click on the INSTALL button on the WORDPRESS option and the web browser will redirect to the wordpress site setup page. This page allows you to make selections such as choosing the wordpress version to use, setting a username and password for logging into the wordpress dashboard, choosing a wordpress theme and more.
Make selections as you see fit on the page and click on INSTALL
Step 3: Install The All - In - One Migration Tool On The Live Website And Restore The Backup
7) login to the wordpress dashboard on the live website and install the ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION tool. Once installed click on the ALL IN ONE MIGRATION TOOL option on the left navigation bar and select the IMPORT option.
8) If the maximum file size limit is smaller than the size of the wordpress ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION TOOL backup file, Click HERE to download the ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION import tool that makes it possible to upload files of upto 512MB for free.
Once the download is complete click on PLUGINS >ADD NEW and click on the UPLOAD PLUGIN button. Click on the blue BROWSE button and a file selection window will be displayed, browse to the folder where the ALL – IN – ONE MIGRATION IMPORT tool zip file was downloaded to, select it and click on INSTALL NOW.
9) Now, click on the ALL IN ONE MIGRATION TOOL option on the left navigation bar and select the IMPORT option. You will notice that the new file upload limit updates to 512MB.
Click on the IMPORT FROM button and choose the FILE option. A file selection window will be displayed and prompt you to choose the backup file. Go to the folder where the wordpress backup file is located, select it and click on OPEN.
10) The next step is to apply the backup to the live website, please note that the import process will overwrite all existing website data including the wordpress database, nedia, plugins and themes. Click on the greeen PROCEED button to complete the site import.