Learn How To Print Or Scan From An Android Phone To A Canon Network Printer.
If you work in a dynamic and fast pace office environment, having a smart phone or tablet that can print directly to a network printer is very useful as it allows you to print what you need when you need it. Printing from an Android Phone to a Canon network printer is made possible through the Canon Inkjet/SELPHY app as well as the Canon PRINT Business app which are free to download from the Google Play Store. The Canon print apps also come with feaures such as reading scanned data from a Multi Function device and even uploading scanned documents to a cloud storage service such as google drive. Continue reading this tutorial to print or scan from an android phone to a Canon Network printer. You will also learn how to upload scanned documents to a cloud storage service such as google drive.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) An android smart phone or tablet with android version 4.0 ice cream sandwich or newer
2) A google account for accessing the google play store
3) The canon PRINT Business app or the Canon inkjet / SELPHY app
4) A Canon Business or Home printer with a WiFi or ETHERNET network connection option
1) Open the google play store and sign into your google account. Download and install the Canon PRINT Business app or the Canon Inkjet / SELPHY app
2) Download and install the Canon Print Service app from Google Play.
Step 1: Download The Canon Print App From The Google Play Store.
1) The first step is to download and install the Canon print app on your the smart phone or tablet that you would like to use. If you intend to print or scan to a printer such as Canon PIXMA TS series, TR series, MG series, MX series, G series, E series, PRO series, MP series, iP series, iX series then download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app HERE.
If you would like to print or scan to a business printer such as the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE series, Color imageRUNNER series, imageRUNNER series
Color imageCLASS series, imageCLASS series, i-SENSYS series, imagePRESS series
LBP series, Satera series, Laser Shot series, Business Inkjet series then download the Canon PRINT Business app HERE.
2) In this tutorial the Canon iR3225n multi-function printer is used but if you have a different Canon print you can still follow these steps since the setup process on any other printer is similar.
Open the canon app and accept the LICENSE AGREEMENT, the Canon Business Print App will check for the Canon Print Service on your android device. If it is not installed you will be prompted to INSTALL it.