How To Setup A Python App Development Environment On A Windows 10 , MacOS or Linux Computer
Kick start your PYTHON web app developer journey today by learning how to publish apps and games such as dropbox, tic tac toe and black jack. But the first step to take when starting out python web app development is to setup a good python development environment. The first being to download and install the latest version of PYTHON from python.org and secondly to download and install an IDE such as PYCHARM for writing python code. The steps outlined below will show you how to setup a python development environment on a Windows, MacOS or Linux computer. A video tutorial is also available to watch for free on Youtube, click on the VIEW YOUTUTBE TUTORIAL button below to watch now!
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) The pycharm intergrated development environment for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
2) A desktop or laptop with atleast 4GB RAM (8 GB recommended) , A dual core processor and 5GB free disk space.
3) A computer monitor / display with 1024 x 768 display resolution.
4) Python 2: version 2.7 or Python 3: from the version 3.6 and up
1) Go to the python website and download the latest version of python for your operating system.
Step 1: Download And Install Python On MacOS
1) Open a new web browser tab and go to python.org. Click on DOWNLOADS and click on the DOWNLOAD PYTHON button.
Note that the download page will automatically detect the operating system that you are using.
2) On your Mac, open finder and go to the folder where the python.pkg has been downloaded to (e.g Downloads folder). Double click on the file to open the PYTHON INSTALLER. Click on CONTINUE and when you get to the LICENSE AGREEMENT click on the AGREE button.
Then on the INSTALLATION TYPE step, click on the INSTALL button.
A popup message will be displayed informing you that the PYTHON INSTALLER is attempting to install software on your Mac. Type in your MacOS username and password on the spaces provided and click on the INSTALL SOFTWARE button.
3) If the installation was successfull you will see a Congratulations message informing you that python has been successfully installed on your Mac.
Install Python On Windows 10