How To Transfer Files And Folders Between An Android Phone or Tablet And A Mac Running MacOS 10.7 and Higher Using A USB Cable Connection.
You might find yourself in a situation where you have to quickly copy some files or folders between an android mobile device and a Mac. You take a USB cable and connect it to the two devices then the Android device prompts you to choose a file transfer method. You select the appropriate method and open FINDER on the Mac BUT you cant see your android device in FINDER! This can be very frustrating especially if you are in a hurry. Fortunately theres is a simple fix for this problem and this tutorial provides a simple to follow guide on how to transfer files between an Android and MacOS device.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully, here’s a list of items that you will require. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) A Mac running MacOS 10.7 and higher
2) The android file transfer application for MacOS
3) An android phone or tablet running atleast android 4.03 ice cream sandwich
4) A good USB cable with data transfer capability.
1) Go to the android file transfer download page and download the androidfiletransfer application for MacOS
2) Open the androidfiletransfer.dmg file and copy it to the applications folder.
3) Using a USB cable connect your android phone or tablet to the Mac and select the USB file transfer option on the android device
4) Open the ANDROID FILE TRANSFER application and browse file and folders on the android device. You can also drag and drop files and folder to and from the android device.