Learn How To Deploy A Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Edition EC2 Instance On The Amazon AWS Cloud Computing Platform.
This tutorial provides a simple guide on how to deploy Windows server 2019 as an EC2 instance on the Amazon AWS cloud computing platform. Having a fully fledged server operating system running in the cloud has many benefits. You do not have to manage the physical IT infrastructure and perform tasks such as maintaining server hardware, electrical power and ventilation. You can also deploy the Windows server on demand at any time, allocate as much hardware resources as you would like and only pay for the computing power, storage, and other resources you use without any binding contracts or up-front commitments. In this tutorial you will also learn how to set an static Elastic IP address for the Windows Server, enable remote desktop access and also check for and install Windows Updates.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) An AWS free tier or paid account
2) An IAM User account.
3) The Windows Server 2019 amazon machine image (AMI).
4) A remote desktop software such as Microsoft remote desktop.
1) Sign into your AWS account using your IAM user account. If you do not have an IAM user account, open the IAM MANAGEMENT CONSOLE and create an IAM user account.
2) Open the EC2 MANAGEMENT CONSOLE and click on the LAUNCH instance button.
3) Search for and create the new instance using the Windows Server 2019 AWS machine image.
4) Connect to the instance using remote access software then check for and install Windows updates.
Step 1: Sign Into Your AWS IAM Account And Create The Windows Server 2019 Instance.
1) Go to www.aws.amazon.com and click on the SIGN INTO THE CONSOLE button.
2) Click on the IAM USER radio button, type in your 12 digit AWS Account ID or Account alias and click on NEXT.
3) Click on the INSTANCES button and click on the orange LAUNCH INSTANCE button.
4) An amazon machine image is a template or package that contains or consists of software / operating system needed to power on or launch an AWS instance.
On STEP 1: CHOOSE AN AMAZON MACHINE IMAGE (AMI) click on the AMAZON MARKETPLACE tab use the search bar at the top to search for “WINDOWS SERVER”
Click on the SELECT button on the MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2019 search result to proceed to the next step.