Learn How To Download & Install GNS3 On Mac OS X El Capitan And Intergrate It With The GNS3 VM.
The GNS3 network simulator is an open source network design and simulation software developed by Jeremy Grossmann, Dominik Ziajka and Piotr Pękala. GNS3 is absolutely free and this means there are no license fees or limitation and the only limitation is on your computing hardware resources i.e CPU and memory. GNS3 can be installed on a computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux and can also be intergrated with the GNS3 VM thereby making it possible to design multi vendor topologies and not have to face problems experienced when using a local installation of GNS3. Continue reading this tutorial to see how to set it up
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) 1 x Mac mini, Mac book Pro, iMac or Mac Pro
2) A free gns3.com account
3) GNS3 installation file for Mac OS
4) GNS3 VM for VMware Workstation / ESXi or Fusion.
5) A network connection between GNS3 and the GNS3 VM.
1) Go to gns3.com, create a FREE GNS3 account and download GNS3 for MacOS as well as the GNS3 VM for VMware Workstation , Fusion or ESXi.
2) Install GNS3 on Mac OS and setup the GNS3 VM on VMware Workstation, Fusion or ESXi.
3) Configure the GNS3 settings for the GNS3 VM
4) Test if GNS3 and the GNS3 VM are work by installing network software from the GNS3 market place
5) Create a simply network topology and test connectivity between GNS3 network devices.
1) Click HERE to go to the official GNS3 website to sign up for a free GNS3 account. Once you’re signed in you will get unlimited access to GNS3 downloads as well as the GNS3 online community with thousands of network engineers just like you.