How To Gain Access To The Cisco IOS Command Line Interface (CLI)
CISCO IOS is the the worlds leading network device operating system currently deployed on millions of active network devices, ranging from the small home office routers to large service provider network devices. Learn how you can connect to the console port on a cisco router so as to gain access to the CISCO IOS command line interface and start setting up and configuring a CISCO router or switch on your network.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial :
1) A computer running Windows or MacOS
2) A console cable and a USB console adaptor.
3) A USB cable (USB MINI B).
4) An internet connection.
1) Start by getting a brief introduction to the cisco console port.
2) Learn all about console cables – how they work and where to buy them.
3) Learn how to connect to the CISCO Console Port using a console cable.
4) Discover cisco configuration modes.
1) The core objective of this tutorial is to get you up and running with your cisco device by setting up a console connection to it.
The main function of a cisco console port is to enable the management of a cisco switch or router even if it does not have an IP ADDRESS assigned to it. This may be due to the fact that it may be a new device or a used device purchased online.
A special type of cable called a console cable is used to connect to a cisco console port.