Learn How To Install Android Studio 4.1.1 On MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra Or Newer.
Android Studio version 4.1.1 released on 12 October 2020 is the intergrated development environment (IDE) for creating and apps and games for all types of android devices. The IDE can be downloaded from the android developers website for FREE! and comes with new and improved features such as updated material design components, an easier way to inspect, query, and modify an app’s database using the new DATABASE INSPECTOR, capability to run the Android Emulator directly in Android Studio, support for foldable devices in the Android Emulator, simplified ways to import Tensor Flow lite models and alot more new features and improvements. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install Android Studio 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra or newer. You will also learn how to set up the Android SDK, How to create an android virtual device and also how to create a new android studio project. We’v also recorded a youtube video that shows you how to do the steps outlined here.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) A Mac computer such as a MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, iMac or MacBook Air
2) MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra or any newer version of MacOS
3) The Android studio 4.1.1 installlation file for Mac
4) An internet connection with atleast a 45GB data plan to download the android SDK
5) 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended.
1) Go to the android developers website and download the android studio disk image file for MacOS.
2) Open the Android Studio DMG file, and drag and studio to the APPLICATIONS folder.
Step 1: Download And Install Android Studio.
1) Click HERE to go to the official android studio download page. Click on the DOWNLOAD ANDROID STUDIO button and a popup window will be displayed prompting you to accept the ANDROID DEVELOPERS terms and conditions. Click on the check box next to “I have read and agree with the above terms and conditions” and click on DOWNLOAD ANDROID STUDIO FOR MAC.
2) Go to the folder where the android studio dmg file was downloaded to i.e the downloads folder, right click on the file and click on OPEN.
Drag the Android Studio icon to the APPLICATIONS folder as shown in the image on the right. A file copy progress bar will be displayed and you simple have to wait for the copy process to complete.
3) Open the APPLICATIONS folder, right click on Android Studio and click on OPEN. A popup window will be displayed informing you that “ANDROID STUDIO” is an application downloaded from the internet and ask if you are sure to open it. Click on OPEN to proceed.
On the IMPORT ANDROID STUDIO SETTINGS prompt click on the “DO NOT IMPORT SETTINGS” option and click on OK.
Click on NEXT on the WELCOME PAGE of the ANDROID STUDIO SETUP WIZARD.
4) Choose the STANDARD option on the INSTALL TYPE page, this will install Android Studio with the most common settings and options recommended for most users. Click on NEXT to proceed.
5) Android Studio has built in support for two types of user interface themes, a dark theme and a light theme. Proceed by selecting a UI theme that you feel the most comfortable with and click on NEXT.
6) A this stage the Android Studio setup wizard will start downloading components such as the SDK PATCH APPLIER, the ANDROID EMULATOR as well as the latest version of the Android SDK.