Learn how to install the prestashop ecommerce system on debian 11 in the cloud on aws Lightsail
In this tutorial, im going to take you through the process of installing the prestashop system on a Debian 11 cloud hosted server. PrestaShop is a freemium, open source e- commerce platform. The software is published under the Open Software License. It is written in the PHP programming language with support for the MySQL database management system. If you are a new or existing business owner and would like to grow and scale your business to a global customer base then PRESTASHOP might just be the solution that you are looking for. With Prestashop you can personalize your ecommerce website by choosing a custom theme, and adding website design features that accurately show case your brand. For this installation we’ll use the Apache web server, MariaDB and at the end of the tutorial I will show you how to install a free LETSENCRYPT SSL certificate.
In order to complete this tutorial, the following is a list of items that may be needed. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial to ensure success:
1) A desktop or laptop with 4GB RAM, a dual core processor and at least 50GB of free disk space
2) An AWS root user account or IAM user account with access to provisioning instances in LIGHTSAIL
3) A Linux Debian 11 instance with at least 2GB of RAM
4) An ssh terminal client app such as PUTTY for windows or the terminal app on a Mac
5) The prestashop linux installation files.