Learn How To Install Wireshark 3.2.4 On Mac OS High Sierra In Less Than 10 Minutes.
If you work as a network engineer, designer or administrator, Wireshark is one of the most useful utilities that you need to have and also know how to use. Wireshark is absolutely free to download and use and come with many cool features such as deep inspection of almost all networking protocols, live network traffic capture and offline inspection, multi platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac OS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and more) and also support for network sniffer tap hardware from multiple vendors. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to download and install Wireshark version 3.2.4 on Mac OS High Sierra in less than 10 minutes
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) The wireshark 3.2.4 setup file for Mac OS
2) A Mac mini, mac pro, iMac or Mac book pro
3) Mac OS High Sierra or later
4) About 500MB of internet data to download the wireshark setup file.
2) Install Wireshark and check for wireshark updates.
3) Run a test network traffic capture on any network interface.
Step One: Download Wireshark
1) Click HERE to go to the wireshark downloads page to get a copy of the wireshark 3.2.4 installation file for Mac OS. The amount of time is takes to download the installation file largely depends on the perfomance of your internet connection.
The Wireshark 3.2.4 setup file for Mac OS is about 93.1 MB is size.
Step Two: Install Wireshark
2) Once the download completes open FINDER and go to the folder were Wireshark was downloaded to. Right click on it and select OPEN
3) Mac OS will open and start to verify the Wireshark 3.2.4 installation file. Wait for the verification process to complete.
4) Once the wireshark .dmg file opens, click on the wireshark icon then drag and drop it into the applications folder.