Learn How To Make An ISO Image File And Create A Bootable Flash Drive.
There are many reasons why you may need to create an ISO image file and create a bootable flash drive. You may find yourself in a situation where you have to install an O.S on a PC with a faulty disk drive or with a disk drive not present. This tutorial provides varous ways of making an ISO image file from a physical operating system install disk and also shows you the many tools and utilities that can be used to create a bootable flash drive.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) A desktop or Laptop with windows 10
2) PowerISO app
3) Rufus app
4) Etcher app.
Step One: Make An ISO Image File Using The PowerISO application.
1) PowerISO is an easy to use application that can make ISO files from a CD or DVD. When creating the ISO file PowerISO does a sector-by-sector copy and creates a file that is an exact mirror image of the original disk.
It is possible to create an ISO file using the unregistered (free) version. Click HERE to download PowerISO.
Once you have completed the download and installation process, search for POWERISO on the windows 10 taskbar search feature and click on “OPEN”.
2) On the PowerISO toolbar on the main window, click on the “COPY” button and click on “MAKE CD/DVD/BV” image file.
Under the “DESTINATION FILE” options select the “ISO FILE” radio button, choose a location to save the ISO file and click on “OK”.
3) PowerISO will now start the ISO file creation process copy disk information sector-by-sector. Total time to complete the copy process depends on the perfomance of your computer and size of the disk however a laptop with a corei5 processor and 4GB of RAM may take 10 minutes to copy a 4GB disk.
Create ISO Image File Using InfraRecorder.
4) Click HERE to download the InfraRecorder software from ninite.com. On the ninite website select the infrarecorder option and click on “GET YOUR NINITE”
Open the ninite setup file to start the infrarecorder installation process. Once the install is done open the infrarecorder application using the shortcut on the desktop.
5) Infrarecorder has options that can create disk for saving documents, audio, video files, copy contents from one cd to another as well as creating ISO image files.
To create an ISO image file click on the “READ DISK” option.
6) Insert the CD / DVD disk into the computers disk drive and set the “SOURCE” drop down menu. Add a location to save the ISO file on the “IMAGE FILE” selection box and click on “OK”