Learn How To Run Windows 10 On A VMware ESXi 6.0 Virtual Machine.
According to news.microsoft.com there are more than 1 billion devices that are currently running Windows 10. This shows that Windows 10 is one of the most widely used operating systems with one of with widest support for various software applications and hardware devices. Windows 10 can also be deployed in the cloud on services such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft AZURE and more. It can also be deployed in virtual environement such as VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, KVM and more. This tutorial provides a simple and easy to follow guide on how to run Windows 10 on VMware ESXi 6.0. You will also learn how to execute post installation tasks such as installing vmware tools and windows updates. Continue reading to learn more!
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) The Windows 10 Install ISO file or install DVD.
2) A VMware ESXi 6.0 server with access rights to upload files, provision and deploy virtual machines.
3) A desktop or laptop with a Web browser for accessing the VMware ESXi web console.
4) An internet connection for downloading windows updates.
1) Download the Windows 10 media creation from microsoft.com or purchase an installation DVD online.
2) Login to the VMware ESXi 6.0 web console and create a windows 10 virtual machine.
3) Install Windows 10, set a username and password.
4) Install VMware tools for Windows 10, restart the virtual machine and install Windows updates.
1) The VMware ESXi 6.0 hypervisor allows using ISO file or physical operating system disks when installing operating system on virtual machines. So the first step that has to be done is to either download the Windows 10 media creation tool so as to create the windows 10 ISO or to purchase an installation disk.
Click HERE to go to the official microsoft website to download Windows 10 media creation tool. Please note that a valid windows 10 license is needed when using the media creation tool.
2) Open the media creation toll and click on ACCEPT to accept the notices and license terms. When the tool asks WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO select the CREATE MEDIA INSTALLATION option and click on NEXT.
3) Choose folder to save ISO