Learn how to setup an OPENVPN site to site VPN between to seperate networks using Mikrotik routers
OpenVPN offers flexible VPN products to that help make network connections secure for nternet privacy, remote access, site-to-site or for networking in private / public cloud services. Mikrotik Router have built in support for the OpenVPN protocol and can deploy secure VPN connections out of the box or after OVPN package installation. This tutorial aims to provide a guide on how to setup a OpenVPN site-to-site VPN
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial:
1) 2 x Mikrotik Routers.
2) 1 x Public IP Adress ( Configured on the OpenVPN Server Router).
3) Ethernet cables.
4) Desktop or Laptop Computer With Winbox Utility installed.
1) NETWORK DIAGRAM
2) CONFIGURE THE ROUTER TO BE USED AS THE OPENVPN SERVER
3) CREATE AN OPENVPN SECRET ON THE OPENVPN SERVER ROUTER
4) CONFIGURE THE ROUTER TO BE USED AS THE OPENVPN CLIENT
5) CREATE STATIC ROUTES AND TEST CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN THE TWO END POINTS
Below is an illustration of the network diagram used in this tutorial. The topology of the network shown below may vary from your actual network topology but the concept shown here works in almost all topologies.
STEP 1: CONFIGURE THE ROUTER TO BE USED AS THE OPENVPN SERVER