Steps To Take To Install The DUDE Server On A Mikrotik Router And The DUDE Client On A Windows 10 Device.
The MIKROTIK DUDE SERVER is a useful network management and monitoring package that helps to discover and document network devices, build a detailed network map especially if you are a network engineer or system administrator working on an existing network with no documentation of the existing network setup. The Mikrotik DUDE package has a server / client design and features such as automatic network device discovery, device / link monitoring and notification, drawing of network maps with your own custom network device icons, link usage monitoring and graphs, SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for network device, support for remote DUDE SERVER and client, SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds. This tutorial outlines the steps that you need to take to install the Mikrotik DUDE SERVER package on a supported Mikrotik router as well as installing the DUDE client on a Windows 10 laptop or desktop. If you prefer watching a FREE! video tutorial, click on the VIEW YOUTUBE TUTORIAL button below to watch now!
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implementation action on this tutorial. We have also included links to items you can purchase on Amazon in this tutorial:
1) The Winbox desktop app for configuring Mikrotik routers.
2) A desktop or laptop running Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10.
3) A Mikrotik router that supports the DUDE SERVER package.
4) The DUDE SERVER package and the DUDE client application for Windows.
1) List of Mikrotik Router architectures that support the DUDE SERVER.
2) Connect to the Mikrotik router and check the Router Board system architecture.
3) Download and install the latest stable RouterOS updates.
4) Go to the mikrotik website and download the DUDE CLIENT application as well as the DUDE SERVER package for your router model
5) Upload the DUDE SERVER package, restart your Mikrotik router and check if the DUDE SERVER has been correctly installed.
6) Install the DUDE CLIENT application on your Windows 10 device. Enable the DUDE SERVER and connect to it using the DUDE client.
7) Run a simple network scan and verify if you get details about devices on your network.
List Of Mikrotik Router Architectures That Support The DUDE Server.
1) The following is list of some of the MIKROTIK ROUTER architectures that support the DUDE SERVER package. The DUDE package is mainly supported by routers that are built on the TILE, ARM and MMIPS architectures.
– Mikrotik cloud core router CCR100G-7G-1C-PC
– Mikrotik cloud core router CCR1009-7G-1C-15+PC
– Mikrotik cloud core router CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+
– Mikrotik cloud core router CCR1016-12G
– Mikrotik cloud core router CCR1036-12G-4SEM.
– Mikrotik RB3011UiAS
– Mikrotik RB4011iGS+RM
– Mikrotik rb1100AHx4
– Mikrotik RB1100AHx4 DUDE EDITION
– Mikrotik RB750GR3.
– Mikotik Hex S
RouterOS x86 installations
RouterOS CHR environment
2) If you do not have a supported Mikrotik router, you can opt to use the Mikrotik Cloud Hosted Router for network monitoring purposes, installing the Mikrotik Router software on a bare metal computer or purchasing a mikrotik router that has support for the DUDE SERVER package on AMAZON.COM
Use the links on the right to buy now on AMAZON